This site has been designed to be Accessible.
The site validates as XHTML 1.0 Strict compliant (as of 28th January 2011) using the W3C validators, with CSS compliance.
This website conforms to WAI AA accessibility requirements and complies with the minimum recommendations of the WIA’s Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG Level A conformance under version 2.0).
The accessibility of the website is also enhanced by the following site features:
- Multiple site navigation menus – Horizontal main navigation as well as vertical sub navigation.
- Alt text for all images – images have alt text where appropriate
- HTML Labels associated to Ids – Labels for form fields are associated to the form field text boxes so when the label is clicked the field is selected.
- Skip navigation – A link at the top of the page that allows keyboard users and screen readers to skip the navigation links and go directly to the main content on the page.
- Non – tabular page structure (instead using DIV tags and CSS) – other than for tabular data (for which tabular HTML is semantically correct).
- Text-resize functionality – Site users can change the size of the text to suit their requirements.
- Text only option – Site users can toggle between the default CSS styled site and the text only version.
Problems Accessing Documents
There are many downloadable documents. These have been provided in both PDF and Word .doc format where possible.